Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Introducing Qistina :)



If you walk down the street and saw this, kind of tall, Chinese looking girl with a pair of dimples and a mole on the left eye brow, that’s me. My name is Qistina Mohamad Helmi, I was born on the 17th of February 1994, which was also my sister’s birthday. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a twin sister; in fact the age gap between me and my sister is 15 years apart. I don’t quite look like  a Malay because I am mixed Chinese, my grandparents on my mothers’ side are Chinese, my grandfather converted to Islam and my grandmother was adopted by a Malay family since she was young. So my mother is practically a Chinese! Even though we don’t speak Mandarin at home, and act like typical Malays, I am happy to say that I am mixed. So now that we are clear about my roots, I would like to tell you a little bit more about me. I am a girl who prefers talking over writing but at the same time likes listening better than talking. I am not good at sports at all. Not that I have not tried, I did, but I will end up either getting my knees twisted or feeling frustrated for being rejected because I was not good enough. I am not the type of person who gives up easily and like to challenge myself of trying something new. I am so honoured and advantaged to be chosen as one of the JSL. I really have faith, that all twenty of us can carry out our responsibilities that has been mandated upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment